- About Us
- Contact Us
- Course Calendar
Registration on Courses organised by Software Education Holdings Limited or its subsidiary companies ("SoftEd ") is subject to your acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
Public Course Terms and Conditions
The word "Course" includes workshops, seminars, eLearning, LiveOnline, labs, online, assessments, "blended" courses and consulting. A person accepting these terms and conditions on behalf of another person or persons warrants and assures Software Education that he or she has the authority of that other person or persons and their organisation to do so.
1. Registrations for each Course are accepted strictly in the order of arrival of a signed registration form or electronic registration via the SoftEd website. Software Education will be under no obligation to accept any registration.
2. Course fees are required to be paid in full within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of invoice. Invoices that are still unpaid after thirty calendar days will incur a late payment fee of 1% per month and any collection costs. For private registrations to be paid directly by the individual (not their organisation), payment is required in full prior to confirming your registration.
3. If you wish to cancel your registration, our policy is as follows:
a. Cancellations are accepted, without financial penalty and without imposition of administration fees provided we receive notice from you, in writing, ten or more business days before the start date of the Course.
b. Participants who fail to show, or from whom we receive cancellations within nine or less business days of the Course start date, or who only attend part of the Course are liable for the full fee. However, if requested in writing, a full set of Course notes will be provided.
4. If you wish to transfer to another Course date, our policy is as follows:
a. If you wish to transfer your registration to the same Course at a later date, or another Course at a later date, this is permitted provided you supply us with written notice ten or more business days before the original Course start date.
b. If you provide less than ten business days clear written notice, your original registration will be cancelled as per Clause 3 (b) and you will be invoiced for a $250+GST transfer fee.
5. Substitutions. Participant substitutions are accepted at any time prior to the Course start date without charge. Substitutions during the Course are only permitted with the written permission of Software Education and additional charges and conditions may apply (call for details).
6. Late registrations. If a registration is received by Software Education less than two business day before the start date of the Course, Software Education will use best endeavours to confirm joining instructions and course materials to the customer, but no guarantee is made in that regard.
7. Participants and their employing organisation accept the copyright and/or Intellectual Property of the Course materials. This includes the intellectual property and/or copyright of our Training Partners.
8. Whilst Software Education has a policy to try to avoid Course cancellation, there will be a small number of Courses where participant numbers would be so small that the Course could not be properly taught. In such cases we reserve the right to cancel the Course and refund your fee.
9. Software Education is not responsible for non-delivery, modification or curtailment of Courses because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
10. It is customary to discuss Course content with participants during the Course. In the event that the participants choose to modify the content to that published in the Course Description document, Software Education reserves the right to follow the views of the majority of the participants and thereby make some modifications to the published description and content.
11. Software Education makes no representations or warranties regarding any advice given in the Course or any Course materials, and the Customer agrees that Software Education shall have no liability for any loss arising from the content of any such advice or materials, however caused. The maximum aggregate liability of Software Education arising out of or in connection with this Course shall be limited to the direct losses suffered by the Customer only, up to a maximum of the value of the Course Fees received by Software Education for this Course registration only. Any claim made against Software Education must be made within 12 months from the start date of the Course from which the claim is being made.
12. Recording of Course sessions and the taking of photographs is not permitted.
14. Group discount is only available when the correct promotion code is used and is not applied retrospectively to any registrations. Any cancellation that take the Group Booking below five for any course, is non-refundable irrespective of timing for notification (to cover the discount, that is no longer applicable) – however replacements are welcome at any time prior to the start of the course. Not available with any other discount.
15. For online courses, each individual participant will receive unique login details. Each login is for a single individual participant only and is not to be shared with others. Certificates of attendance are not issued for online courses.
17. Software Education reserves the right to expire any credits held but not used within 24 months of being invoiced, including any remaining credit from a partially used credit. Credits include any invoiced amounts that have been paid but not assigned to any training services, or for amounts relating to transferring course dates more than once (except as a result of Software Education cancelling the course), or amounts that form the basis of or contribute towards any discounting, or for any amounts that are otherwise held in credit and despite reasonable effort by Software Education are unable to make contact with the authoriser of any such credit.
In-house Terms and Conditions
1. Quotes are valid for 20 days from the date signed by Software Education (although the Course can be delivered up to six months from that date).
2. This Course(s) is delivered only for employees of the Customer.
3. The Customer may cancel or reschedule a Course at least 15 business days prior to its Delivery Date at no charge other than the reimbursement to Software Education of any third-party expenses already incurred. Should the Customer cancel or reschedule a Course with less than 15 business days clear written notice to Software Education, the Customer will be charged 50% of the Fees plus any third-party expenses already incurred. In exceptional circumstances, Software Education may reschedule a Course upon prior written notice to the Customer. The Delivery Date of any rescheduled Course shall be mutually acceptable to the Customer and Software Education.
4. Software Education undertakes to treat confidential information about the Customer’s business as confidential.
5. Participants and the Customer’s organisation and affiliated companies accept that the intellectual property and copyright of the Course materials is owned exclusively by Software Education or Software Education’s affiliates or training partners, as applicable. The Customer may retain the Course materials for its internal use only and may not copy the Course materials, or distribute or transfer any Course materials to any third party, without the prior written consent of Software Education.
6. Courses typically run 9am-5pm with a one-hour lunch break to be scheduled at the convenience of the Customer (negotiable).
7. Fees will be paid by the Customer within 30 days of receiving the invoice. Payment will be made into the account specified on the applicable invoice. Any invoices unpaid after 30 days will incur the late payment fees set forth on the invoice.
8. Software Education is not responsible for non-delivery, modification or curtailment of Courses because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
9. Software Education makes no representations or warranties regarding any advice given in the Course or any Course materials, and the Customer agrees that Software Education shall have no liability for any loss arising from the content of any such advice or materials, however caused. The maximum aggregate liability of Software Education arising out of or in connection with this Agreement shall be limited to the direct losses suffered by the Customer only, up to a maximum of the value of the Course Fees received by Software Education under this Agreement only. Any claim made against Software Education must be made within 12 months from the start date of the Course from which the claim is being made.
10. Recording of Course sessions and the taking of photographs by the Customer is not permitted.
11. For at least twelve months following the above Delivery Dates, neither the Customer nor any of its affiliates, directors, managers or officers will solicit any employee or contractor of Software Education or an affiliate of Software Education to terminate his or her employment or to become an employee or contractor of the Customer or any company affiliated with the Customer.
12. The Customer will provide a suitable training room, a data projector and a whiteboard.
13. Software Education will hold registration details securely in our Course administration system. Our policy is to not release or sell these details to third parties other than to our training partners in the case of Courses run in conjunction with them and to the owner of any copyright in any of the training material we use, to whom you authorise us to provide your details. Software Education may use the registration data to occasionally send out information about related Courses that could be of interest.
Last updated 20 July 2018.
Disqover is now a part of Software Education and any Disqover registrations are also subject to these terms and conditions.