Please note this course is not offered in your region.
We do however offer this course in the following regions:
Need to drive organisational efficiency? Business process modelling is key to generating efficient and effective business processes to foster business improvement. During this course, you will learn to use a structured approach to understanding the context of business process modelling through scoping, identifying, analysing, developing and documenting business processes. Particular emphasis is placed on identifying metrics to support the analysis and evaluation of business processes to ensure the alignment with business objectives.
IIBA endorsed: This course is endorsed by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) and is aligned with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® (BABOK®). This course will contribute 21 PDU's (Professional Development Units) towards the IIBA certification requirements for ECBA, CCBA, CBAP and CBATL. Please note the PDU requirements may vary between certifications, please check the IIBA website for full certification requirements. SoftEd's EEP number for this course is E48087-002.
- Business Process Analysts and Enterprise Analysts who need a solid business process management framework to work within
- New and experienced Business Analysts who need practical tools and techniques that will help them model business processes at various degrees of granularity in the context of their role
- Project Managers who have responsibility for projects with significant business process change impact
- Any other roles responsible for analysing and documenting their organisation's business processes
You will need to have an end-to-end understanding of business analysis activities. A suggested lead-in course is our Business Systems Analysis course.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand in which contexts business process modelling is performed
- Conduct a business process discovery assignment to elicit existing business processes in the context of a previously defined scope
- Follow a logical framework to analyse the current state business process and derive a future state business process model using various techniques
- Present these processes using the BPMN 2.0 notation
- Identify effective measures that will contribute to understanding the performance characteristics of the processes and surrounding enablers and constraints
- Understand that business process modelling initiatives happen in the context of a strategy requiring change and risk management.
- Introduction and overview
- Business Process Modelling using BPMN 2.0
- Analyse current state business process
- Planning and scoping
- Modelling the as-is
- Defining metrics
- Assessing the current state business process
- Develop future state business process
- Identify process improvements
- Perform gap analysis
- Implement, monitor and evaluate business processes
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved by applying the practices and techniques in group exercises.
Business Process Modelling Outline (PDF).