What is the course like?
It’s no secret that the best business decisions are driven by data. But many businesses have yet to crack the code of translating their data into meaningful insights.
By combining your business analysis talents with technical data science, statistical modelling, and mathematical expertise, you'll be able to access and analyse vast amounts of data and use it to solve business problems and spot market opportunities.
This interactive and immersive course will introduce you to the world of business data analytics. It will equip you with the tools and data-sleuthing skills you need to reveal patterns and trends and predict future business performance. If you're looking to get certified, you’ll learn everything you need to know to sit the IIBA® Certification in Data Analytics (CBDA) exam.
IIBA® accredited course:
This course will contribute 15 Professional Development (PD) hours or Continuing Development Units (CDUs) towards the CBAP®, CCBA®, and ECBA™ certifications from the IIBA®.
If you’re looking to get the IIBA® Certification in Data Analytics (CBDA), this course is one step to help prepare you for the exam.
During this course, you'll learn how to:
- Identify and frame the business context and research questions
- Plan and practice an analytics approach
- Identify and source appropriate data
- Obtain data and apply it in practice
- Set up and prepare data
- Analyse data and apply it in practice
- Interpret and report results
- Use data to recommend strategies
- Evaluate data
- Manage metadata and curate data
- Guide business strategy
- Improve continuous performance.
Who teaches this course?
This course is designed for:
- Experienced business analysts looking to take the next step toward becoming a business data analyst
- Business analysts preparing for the IIBA® Certification in Data Analytics (CBDA) exam
- Team managers who want to understand the skills needed for successful data analysis
- Consultants looking for a solid grounding in data analytics
- Data scientists, analysts or managers looking to understand the role of business analysis in data analytics.
To get the most out of this course, you'll need some business analysis experience and be able to:
- Use tools like a business canvas to understand a business problem
- Read and interpret a data dictionary
- Read and interpret an entity relationship diagram
- Read and interpret a cluster diagram
- Use filtering, sorting, pivot tables and chart functionality in Microsoft Excel.