Please note this course is not offered in your region.
We do however offer this course in the following regions:
Want to uncover the fundamentals of software testing? This ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing course combines proven methodologies with best practice to provide a great grounding for you to progress your testing career. This course is designed to promote solid and consistent testing practices within all software engineering disciplines. Recognised as the baseline of knowledge for a testing professional, it will provide you with the necessary knowledge to sit the ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundation Level exam.
The content and exam for this course are based on the 2018 ISTQB Syllabus.
Developers, testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, project managers, business analysts, quality managers and anyone who has an interest in the testing field.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
During this course you will learn about:
- Communicating efficiently and effectively
- The fundamental concepts of software testing
- Using different testing practices and know in which context they should be used
- Contributing effectively in reviews
- Using established techniques for designing tests at all test levels
- Interpreting and execute tests from given test specifications
- Reporting on test results
- Applying test management principles for resources, strategies, planning, project control and risk management
- Writing and communicate clear and understandable defect reports
- The project factors that drive the test priorities and test approach
- The value that software testing brings to stakeholders
- Aligning testing activities and work products with project objectives, measures and targets
- Assisting in the selection and implementation process of testing tools
- The fundamentals of testing
- What is testing?
- Why is testing necessary?
- Seven testing principles
- Test process
- The psychology of testing
- Testing throughout the software development lifecycle
- Software development lifecycle models
- Test levels
- Test types
- Maintenance testing
- Static testing
- Static testing basics
- Review process
- Test techniques
- Categories of test techniques
- Black-box test techniques
- White-box test techniques
- Experience-based test techniques
- Test management
- Test organisation
- Test planning and estimation
- Test monitoring and control
- Configuration management
- Risks and testing
- Defect management
- Tool support for testing
- Test tool considerations
- Effective use of tools
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved by applying the practices and techniques in group exercises.
The ISTQB Certified Tester, Foundation Level exam is not included as part of the course and is not included in the course fee. You will need to contact the Australia and New Zealand Testing Board (ANZTB) to book and pay for the exam or purchase an ANZTB exam voucher from SoftEd at the time of booking.
ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing Outline (PDF).