Ready to further develop your test analysis, design and execution skills? This practical course offers an in-depth exploration of your role as a Test Analyst within the testing process. This course will provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to sit the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate multiple choice exam.
ISTQB accredited: This course is an ISTQB accredited course, however, it does not include the ISTQB exam. Exams are administered by the ANZTB.
- Test Analysts
- Test Engineers
- Test Consultants
- Test Managers
- User Acceptance Testers
- Software Developers
- Project Managers
- Quality Managers
- IT Directors
- Software Development Managers
This is an advanced-level testing course. Prior software testing knowledge is strongly recommended. For those wishing to take the ISTQB Advanced Level Certification exam you must hold the ISTQB Foundation Certification in Software Testing and have sufficient practical experience to be considered advanced Level qualified.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Perform the appropriate testing activities based on the software development lifecycle being used
- Determine the proper prioritisation of the testing activities based on the information provided by the risk analysis
- Select and apply appropriate testing techniques to ensure that tests provide an adequate level of confidence, based on defined coverage criteria
- Provide the appropriate level of documentation relevant to the testing activities
- Determine the appropriate types of functional testing to be performed
- Assume responsibility for the usability testing for a given project
- Effectively participate in formal and informal reviews with stakeholders, applying knowledge of typical mistakes made in work products
- Design and implement a defect classification scheme
- Apply tools to support an efficient testing process
- Testing process
- Test management: responsibilities for the Test Analyst
- Specification-based test techniques - equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision tables, state transition testing, use cases, classification tree method, pairwise testing, domain analysis, user story testing
- Defect and experienced bsed test techniques - error guessing, checklist-based, exploratory testing
- Testing software characteristics - accuracy, suitability, interoperability, usability, accessibility
- Defect management
- Test tools
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved through applying the practices and techniques in group exercises. This course is licensed from Grove Software Testing.
Take your learning to the next level:
ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst