DURATION: 2 days
Group discounts for 5+ apply
What would happen if we approached our agile transformation in an agile way? This 2-day experiential workshop by Lean Change Management author Jason Little is designed to help you to take the best ideas from agile, lean startup and design thinking to help you live the agile values and principles while transforming your organisation to new ways of working.
This workshop will help you answer questions such as:
- How can we integrate agile and change management to transition to agile in an agile way?
- How can we apply agile practices to complex agile transformation programs?
- How can we reduce uncertainty by iterating our way through change?
- How can we re-frame resistance to change by changing how we think about change?
ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-CAT Certification from ICAgile is granted on the successful completion of this course. This certification is part of the Enterprise Agile Coaching Track.
Change agents working on an agile transformation.
A willingness to challenge traditional thinking and a desire to deliver outcomes for the organisation.
- What is Enterprise Agile Coaching (EAC)?
- Understanding EAC competencies
- Striving for personal and professional mastery
- Ethical considerations of EAC
- Knowing your limits and boundaries
- Creating a business case for change
- Understanding the human change process
- Understanding the organisational change process
- Bringing the agile mindset to change
- Understanding organisational system entry
- Organisational change assessments
- Co-creating an organisational change strategy
- Communication, education and facilitation at the organisational level
Tools and practices you'll explore include:
- Perspective and organisational mapping
- Change canvases, visual work management
- Applying agile, lean startup and design thinking to change
- Experiment creation and prioritisation
- Satir interaction model
- Introduction: why are you here? What is the ultimate question you hope to have answered?
- The Change Agent: It starts with you. Meaningful change happens when you bring your whole self to work
- What is Lean Change Management: The Lean Change Management Cycle and 5 universals of change
- Agile Change Management: Overview of the agile values and principles, and how you can apply that thinking to change management
- Alignment: How to use light-weight tools for change readiness, change liftoffs, and ongoing facilitation of change
- Incremental Change: How to move away from traditional ROI and towards reducing uncertainty by breaking down change into quarterly objectives with tangible key results
- Experiments: How to move away from change activities, and towards change experiments. This includes good practices for communication, creating alignment, providing status to change sponsors and more
- People: Why the notion of ‘resistance to change’ is wrong, and why the “70% of changes fail” is incorrect. We’ll explore how different people respond to change differently, and how you, the change agent, can navigate that complexity
- Your own change framework: We’ll take the learning from both days, and discuss what your own change framework could look like and you’ll answer your own questions that were created at the beginning of Day 1
What you'll get
- A copy of Lean Change Management
- Access to the Lean Change Agent Network
- Lean Change Management workbook
- ICP-CAT Certification
- A lifetime of connections with over 3500 people who have attended these workshops (as of Nov 2019)
This program is delivered as an interactive workshop.
Jason began his career as a web developer. Over the following years, he moved into management, agile coaching and consulting. The bumps and bruises collected along the way brought him to the realization that helping organisations adopt agile practices was less about the practices, and all about change.
In 2008 he attended an experiential learning conference about how people experience change and since then, he's been writing, and speaking, all over the world about helping organizations discover more effective practices for managing organizational change.