Please note this course is not offered in your region.
We do however offer this course in the following regions:
Need a deeper understanding of the agile approach? During two dynamic days, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of what to expect on an agile project and the skills to be effective on one. Our Certified Agile Fundamentals course examines the roles and responsibilities of team members working on agile projects, explores the specific practices which are used on agile projects, explains the theory and concepts behind the agile approach and prepares team members to be immediately productive working in an agile environment.
ICAgile accredited course: Successful completion of this course will enable you to become a ‘Certified ICAgile Professional’.
Project Management Institute (PMI)® accredited course: This course is accredited with PMI® and will contribute 14 professional development units (PDUs) towards your chosen certification (10 technical hours and 4 leadership hours).
- Team members starting out in agile projects
- Project managers entering the agile environment
- Managers of teams involved in agile development
There are no prerequisites for this course.
During this course you will learn about:
- The background to agile development
- The roles and responsibilities of an agile project team
- The various tools available to agile teams
- The collaboration required in agile teams
- The culture and communication required for agile environments
- How discipline and standards contribute to agility
- The genesis of agile - where these approaches came from and why they work
- The agile lifecycle and iterations
- Roles on an agile project
- The phases of an agile project
- Project initiation activities - making sure we start right, focus on value, and build the right product
- User stories
- Agile tools - big visible charts, things on walls, velocity, burn-up and burn-down
- The ‘pulse’ of an agile project
- Agile without iterations - kanban flow
- Google design sprints
- Supporting tools
- Testing on agile projects
- Design and development practices in an agile setting – test-driven development, continuous integration, refactoring, pair programming, simple design
- Project leadership roles and responsibilities, how to nurture self-organisation
- Working effectively in empowered teams
- Listening and collaboration skills
- Dealing with issues and conflict in the team
- Where to from here?
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved by applying the practices and techniques in group exercises and a case study.
Certified Agile Fundamentals Outline (PDF).