As the world changes at an unprecedented pace, imagine if organisations could navigate through change and use it as an opportunity to get better, rather than simply getting through. This unique program offers an intense, strategic appreciation for top management to understand the ingredients to create an Agile organisation that is responsive to value creation in a disruptive environment.
This practical workshop is designed by executives for executives and will help you to speed your business up, to focus on what’s important, reduce waste and red tape and, most importantly deliver value to your business and your customers. Business Agility Accelerator is essential for leaders to jumpstart learning on how to thrive in uncertainty and create organisational success.
ICAgile accredited course: The ICP-BAF Certification from ICAgile is granted on the successful completion of this course. This certification is part of the ICAgile Business Agility Track.
Project Management Institute (PMI) accredited course: This course is accredited with the PMI for 14 PDU's (Professional Development Units). The PMI course code is: BAG16012015X.
Anyone who wants to bring innovation and continuous improvement into their work.
A willingness to challenge traditional thinking and a desire to deliver outcomes for the organisation.
By the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- The mindset and culture that business agility instills
- A model for change that is based on current management thinking and human dynamics
- The techniques to help examine and improve your work practices
- How to define your customer(s) and how you add value to them
- How to treat everything as an experiment, with a value test and hypothesis that is either validated or disproved with real empirical data
- How to use value stream maps, Kanban values, principles and practices, A3s and lean thinking to eliminate waste and create space for innovation.
- The genesis of business agility - where these approaches came from and why they work
- Reality check, understanding the evolving needs of our customers and rising threats from new competitors and volatile markets
- Creating a growth mindset
- Complexity theory and how it applies to the business environment
- Understand how to measure value
- Experiment to transform uncertainty into knowledge
- How to reframe all work in terms of performance criteria that create value
- Creating space for ideation and innovation
- Learning to identify and eliminate waste
- Understanding and leading change
- Building customer value and empathy
- Personal agility and building a personal brand
- Breaking paradigms
- The Business Agility Framework
- Working effectively in empowered teams
- Listening and collaboration skills
- Building a Personal Agility Plan to take back to work
- Where to from here?
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved through applying the practices and techniques in group exercises and a case study.
Business Agility Accelerator Outline (PDF)