Group discounts for 5+ apply
Are you an adaptive leader? This experiential workshop is designed to help resolve the most pressing and perplexing challenges leaders face. It will help you to break through obstacles, continuously learn, adapt and develop new capabilities to thrive in complex, competitive, and challenging environments where there are no easy answers. You will engage in a learn-by-doing methodology and explore scenarios where you can apply techniques to envision and design the future while experiencing new ways of thinking and working in teams. This unique program is designed to help leaders drive organisational change and create learning organisations of the future.
Anyone in, or aspiring to be in, leadership roles with a willingness to challenge the status quo and embrace change.
A willingness to challenge traditional thinking and a desire to deliver outcomes for the organisation.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand adaptive leadership and the attributes of an adaptive leader
- Understand the growth mindset and culture required for adaptive leadership
- Understand the adaptive framework and systems thinking
- Understand how (and why) to orchestrate creative conflict
- Develop skills for impacting change and managing uncertainty
- Increase awareness and perspective, to lead, innovate and mobilise change
- Recognise adaptive vs technical problems and how to solve each
- Understand how to create an environment where everyone can achieve their full potential
- Learn how an adaptive leadership approach can reframe situations to make clear decisions
- Adapt with confidence in the face of disequilibrium, ambiguity, and uncertainty
- The business case for change and importance of developing adaptive leaders
- The genesis of adaptive leadership - where these approaches came from and why they work
- Understanding the DNA of an adaptive leader and organisation
- Understanding and diagnosing the organisation as an adaptive, living and dynamic system
- Understanding and diagnosing yourself as a system; and importance of connecting to purpose
- Creating a growth and systems mindset and addressing blind spots, paradigms and mental models
- Learning how to diagnose adaptive challenges and assess political and leadership landscapes
- Learning to lead adaptively, focus on the future and increase awareness, engagement and confidence
- Understanding the perils and practices of leading change
- Understanding the laws of performance and practice diagnosing and mobilising an adaptive performance management challenge
- Practice adaptive leadership tools like re-framing work in terms of value, designing effective interventions, diagnosing adaptive challenges, storytelling, orchestrating healthy tension, taming complexity, balancing polarities, amplifying learning through reflection and journaling and creating an environment conducive to building an adaptive culture
- Mapping and mobilising customers and stakeholders and effectively navigating political landscapes
Lecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, most of the learning is achieved through applying the practices and techniques in group exercises.
Take your learning to the next level: