ISTQB Training and Certification
ISTQB foundation and advanced certificates are the only, universally accepted, worldwide qualifications for software testing professionals:
- More than 110,000 ISTQB foundation and advanced certifications have already been issued worldwide.
- The ISTQB syllabi support multiple skill levels and cover over 1,000 person-years of international software testing experience.
- It is an international objective assessment of your testing knowledge.
- It confirms that you are serious about testing, confident of your skills and willing to invest in your future.
- ISTQB provides a universal testing language and proven methodology maximising the effectivity of software testing in your organisation.
If you are still not sure whether obtaining ISTQB certification is the right thing to do, then the following article out of the Testing Experience Magazine could be of interest: ISTQB Certification: Why You Need It and How to Get It.
ISTQB Certificates and ISTQB Courses
|Certificate||ISTQB Courses||Course Available||Exam Available|
|ISTQB Foundation Certificate||ISTQB Software Testing Foundation||Yes||Yes|
|ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate||ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst||Yes||Yes|
|ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certificate||ISTQB Advanced Test Manager||Yes||Yes|
|ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst Certificate||ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst||Yes||Yes|
International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB)
It is the ISTQB's role to support a single, universally accepted, international qualification scheme, aimed at software and system testing professionals, by providing the core syllabi and by setting guidelines for accreditation and examination for national boards.
The ISTQB foundation and advanced syllabi have been developed by a team of international test experts, have been reviewed by representatives of the national boards and cover over 1,000 person-years of testing experience. The contents of each syllabus are taught as courses by training providers, which have been accredited by national boards.
Software Education is an accredited ISTQB training provider currently offering 4 ISTQB accredited courses.
At the moment more than 40 national boards co-operate in the ISTQB to support the global standard for the training and certification of software testers. The national board for Australia and New Zealand is the ANZTB.
3 Ways to take your ISTQB exam
- Paper-based exam: The ANZTB facilitates paper-based exams on a regular basis in the main city centres; for more details go to www.anztb.org.
- Computer-based exam (foundation exam only): Book your exam via Prometric at a time and place that suits your busy schedule. You will know your exam result straight after the exam and receive your certificate normally within a month. After passing the exam you will receive the UK based ISEB - ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing. This exam is recognised by both the ISTQB and ISEB.
- In-House exam: For in-house courses we can facilitate a paper-based in-house examination at a time and place that suits your team. Ask us for more details.