At a glance
Software Education introduces the online version of our highly-acclaimed ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst course.
This ISTQB accredited course gives you the ability to put your test strategy into action. With advanced skills in test analysis, design and execution, you will learn how to analyse the system in sufficient detail to meet the users' expectations for quality. You will also learn how to evaluate system requirements to determine validity for the business domain.
This course gives you the ability to prepare and execute adequate testing activities, report on testing progress and provide necessary evidence to support evaluations. You will also be able to implement the necessary tools and techniques to achieve defined testing goals.
Rex Black will be your online instructor. You will get three months of unlimited access, numerous exam preparation questions, a mock exam and support from Software Education's highly experienced team of software testing trainers!
Created by past ISTQB President Rex Black, co-author of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus, this course is ideal for testers and test teams who are looking to build on their existing software testing skills. This course also prepares you to sit the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst exam and obtain your ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst certificate, if that's important to you.
This eLearning course is ideal if you:
- have to fit the training around your work commitments
- want to study at your own pace, in your own home or office, at a time that suits your busy schedule
- don't want to attend a course during expensive working hours
- are looking for a cost-effective alternative, without making any concessions on the instructor-led course content.
- Reading the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus prior to the course would be a great advantage. Click here for the Advanced Syllabus.
- Please click here for more information on the ISTQB Advanced Test Management certification on the ANZTB website
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- determine the required structure and level of test condition development
- describe how test analysis and design, in addition to creating dynamic tests, are also static testing techniques that can be used to discover defects
- explain the concept of a test oracle and how test oracles can be used in test specifications
- describe the pre-conditions for test execution, including testware, test environment, configuration management and defect management
- determine from a given set of test metrics whether a test completion criterion has been fulfilled
- prioritise test case selection, test coverage, and test data creation, based on risk, documenting this appropriately in a test schedule and test procedure
- outline the activities of a risk-based approach for planning and executing testing
- list examples of typical defects to be identified by each specification-based technique, providing corresponding coverage criteria
- write test cases from given software models using the test design techniques of equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis, decision tables, state transition testing, classification tree method, pairwise testing and use cases
- describe the principles and reasons for defect-based techniques and differentiate their use from specification and structure-based techniques
- explain defect taxonomies and their use
- understand the principle of and reasons for using experienced-based test techniques and when to use them
- specify, execute, and report tests using exploratory testing
- analyse a system in order to determine which specification-based, defect-based, or experienced-based techniques to apply for specific goals
- explain what testing techniques are appropriate to test for accuracy, suitability, interoperability, functional security, and accessibility characteristics
- outline, design, specify, and execute usability tests using appropriate techniques, to cover given test objectives and defects to be targeted
- explain the reasons for including efficiency, reliability, and technical security tests in a testing strategy and provide examples of expected defects
- characterise non-functional test types for technical testing by typical defects to be targeted, typical application within the application lifecycle, and test techniques for test design
- use a review checklist to verify code and architecture from a tester's perspective
- use a review checklist to verify requirements and use cases from a tester's perspective
- compare review types and show their relative strengths, weaknesses, and appropriate usage
- analyse, classify, and describe functional and non-functional defects in understandable defect reports
- summarise the test tool categories by objectives, intended use, strengths and risks, using examples
- map various testing tools to different levels and types of testing
- describe professional, objective, and effective communication in a project from the tester's perspective.
The online course modules are delivered in alignment with the relevant chapters and sections of the ISTQB Advanced Syllabus:
1. Basic aspects of software testing
2. Testing processes
3. Test management
4. Test techniques
5. Test of software characteristics
7. Incident management
8. Test process improvement
Note: This is an overview only. For a course that focuses on test process improvement, see the ISTQB Advanced Test Manager course.
9. Test tools and automation
10. People skills and team composition
eLearning Demo - Try the first two chapters of our Online ISTQB Software Testing Foundation course, free of charge and without obligation. Click here to access the demo.
The ANZTB facilitates paper-based exams on a regular basis in the main city centres; for more details go to www.anztb.org. After passing the exam you will receive the ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst Certificate. Normally it takes 3 weeks to receive your exam results and certificate.
Plus - If for some reason you do not pass your exam, then please contact us and we will grant you an additional 45 days access, free of charge.
These books have been selected by our trainers as useful resources to complement your training. We have included a link so you can buy them directly from amazon.co.uk. Software Education takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for orders made through the Amazon.co.uk web site.
|This book is a great accompaniment when studying for the Advanced Test Analyst exam. For the test analyst who wants to gain advanced skills in test analysis, design, execution, and results analysis.|
Knowledge Engineer and Software Testing Practice Lead