At a glance
Most descriptions of Agile development gloss over the role of the architect/designer, but architects/designers are important to Agile projects and have critical contributions to make. Furthermore, design is done not just by the architects/designers. The level of design and architecture and the style and interaction of an architect/designer within an Agile team is quite different to that within a traditional team.
This course examines the values, principles and philosophy behind Agile architecture and design and looks at the technical leadership role that needs to be played through all phases of an Agile project. It covers the Agile approach to enterprise architecture, domain architecture and application architecture within an Agile project. This course also addresses the Agile design principles and the role of the architect (enterprise, solution, and application).
This course is part of the Agile Academycurriculum. Software Education is proud to be a founding partner of the Agile Academy.
This course is appropriate for architects, senior developers, technical leads, iteration managers and senior testers.
PrerequisitesSome understanding of Agile practices would be beneficial. For an introduction to Agile practices see our Taste of Agile course.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- understand the values, principles and philosophy behind Agile design and architecture
- understand technical leadership and the roles and responsibilities linked to it
- apply Enterprise Architecture principles in an Agile manner
- perform Agile modelling and Agile domain modelling
- understand Agile solution design and application design
- provide technical leadership through all the Agile project phases (Concept, Initiate, Deliver, Deploy).
Basics of Agile architecture and technical leadership
- Agile architecture goals roles and responsibilities
- Agile architecture/design philosophy, principles and definitions
- Technical leadership in Agile projects
Enterprise and domain architecture
- Agile Enterprise architecture
- Agile Domain architecture
Architecture in Agile projects
- How Architecture is applied in Agile projects
- Architecture in the Concept phase
- Architecture in the Initiate phase
- Architecture in the Deliver phase
- Architecture in the Deploy phase
Tools, tips and tricks
- Smells, tips and tricks
Method UsedLecturing is kept to the minimum necessary, as most of the learning is achieved through applying the practices and techniques in group exercises.